Sunday, November 18, 2012

My Friend's Dog

I'm a dog person (come on, who isn't?). I love dogs. They are fun to play with, soft to the touch, and as the old adage goes, man's best friend. However, my friend Matt has a dog who is anything but. The first time I met his dog, he growled at me and barked his head off showing fangs and all. I was trying to pet him and just as I extended my hand towards him he went berserk. I have never been scared of a dog before in my life until I met Matt's dog. Apparently, the dog hates strangers, and the only people he will allow to touch him and come anywhere near him is my friend Matt and his family, which makes me wonder how the dog came to get accustomed to Matt and his family in the first place. Perhaps he was born into the family. I don't know. I never asked. The second time I met Matt's dog, the same thing happened. Needless to say, I have yet to pet Matt's dog, and I don't think I will be trying anytime soon.



-Alice

No comments:

Post a Comment